Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program (DBE)
CAPE COD REGIONAL TRANSIT AUTHORITY - DBE PROGRAM POLICY STATEMENT
The Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority (CCRTA) has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. The CCRTA has received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, the CCRTA has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26. It is the policy of the CCRTA to ensure that DBEs as defined in part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. It is also CCRTA policy:
1. To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT- assisted contracts;
2. To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT- assisted contracts;
3. To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
4. To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
5. To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT assisted contracts;
6. To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
The CCRTA Grants Manager has been delegated as the DBE Liaison Officer. In that capacity, the Grants Manager is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program. Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by the CCRTA in its financial assistance agreements with the Department of Transportation. CCRTA has disseminated this policy statement to its Board of Directors and all of the components of the organization. CCRTA has distributed this statement to DBE and non-DBE business communities that perform work for CCRTA on DOT-assisted contracts by posting it on the CCRTA website, using CCRTA social media, newspaper advertisements, and making this policy part of the CCRTA contractual documents (before, during, and after award).
LEGAL NOTICE OF PROPOSED DBE GOAL FOR FY 2015-2017
The Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority (CCRTA) proposed overall DBE goal for the federal fiscal year beginning 10/1/2016 is 7% of DOT assisted contracts. This goal and its rationale have been developed in accordance with the Federal Transit Administration's DBE program under the guidelines of 49 CFR Part 26. The goal and rationale are available for review for 30 calendar days from the date of this notice. Comments will be accepted for 45 calendar days from the same date. Comments, requests to review or for copies of the proposed goal and its rationale, should be addressed to John Fuller, DBE Liaison Officer, CCRTA, PO Box 1988, Hyannis, MA 02601, telephone (508) 775-8504, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org