Transportation Supervisor for our Cape Cod, MA Division # 198 Eastern MA Transit Company will monitor field operations according to client, operations, and safety department requirements.
- Monitor field operations for on-time performance and schedule and route adherence.
- Provide customer information for site personnel and at key locations.
- Respond to accidents and incidents assisting to manage the situation as well as collecting all required information, assist dispatch and operations staff in resuming service levels according to contract specifications and minimizing passenger disruptions.
- Accompany operators to medical facilities as required after accident, or injury, ensure proper administration of post-accident drug and alcohol testing.
- Communicate disciplinary issues and assist Operations Manager when disciplinary action is necessary.
- Conduct the first interview with candidates who have applied for the Driver position.
- Fill vacant shifts as necessary to ensure full service delivery.
- Conduct gate checks at pull-out or pull-in times ensuring on-time service and proper completion of necessary paperwork including manifests and pre- and post-trip inspections and vehicle cleanliness checks on in service vehicles.
- Identify potential rerouting required as a result of traffic, construction or accident situations.
- Ensure that all operators are fit for duty, meet uniform and equipment standards and are in possession of proper licensing and certifications.
- Assist operators with service or passenger problems, along with solving other problems as they arise.
- Assist dispatch and maintenance staff with vehicle change outs that occur in the field.
- Provide feedback to safety and operations departments on service items that affect safety and performance, identify potential safety hazards and provide feedback to be incorporated into daily operations procedures.
- Assist in investigating and determination of preventability of accidents, incidents and make recommendations for future training based on individual events or on system trends.
- Directly supervise all employees when Managers are not present.
- Perform any unspecified duties that are required to support daily operations.
High School Diploma or Equivalent, Certifications according to local contract requirements.
Previous passenger transportation in current project or similar environment required. Previous training and/or field supervision experience preferred but not required. Excellent safety and service record.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of local training program and local operations.
- Knowledge of basic computer skill (Word, Excel)
- Familiarization with service area.
- Knowledge of client and service performance requirements.
- Ability to manage emergency situations and investigate accidents/incidents.
- Ability to effectively communicate discipline as required.
- Knowledge of project specific vehicles, components and data/communications systems.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations and corporate safety programs and policies.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with all departments.
- Ability to work independently and objectively.
- Works both in an office and field environment.
Job requires the following physical activities: Sitting; standing; walking; pushing; pulling; loading and unloading; driving; riding in vehicles; and exposure to the elements.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
UTILITY PERSON WANTED
Dennis Operations Center
Eastern MA Transit the management company for the Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority has immediate openings for utility persons. These positions are primarily responsible for fueling and cleaning CCRTA vehicles and performing general cleaning/housekeeping tasks to maintain cleanliness throughout work areas of the garage, and, office building when necessary. CDL and general knowledge of service area is preferred but, CDL training is available. We will pay you $15.64 to $19.75 while you train. Drug and Alcohol testing is required. Apply at 40 American Way, South Dennis, MA 02660.
Call Penny or Brenda at (508) 385-1430 X106 with questions.
BUS OPERATOR WANTED
Fixed Route and Paratransit (Will Train)
Eastern MA Transit the management company for the Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority has immediate openings for bus operators. CDL-B or A license with passenger and air brake endorsements preferred, but will train with CDL permit. Clean driving record, background check and pre-employment drug testing required. Starting Rate is $16.00 per hour. For more information call Penny at 508-385-1430 X106 or email her.
Eastern MA Transit is an equal opportunity employer.
MV Transportation, Inc. (operator of CCRTA’s services) and all subsidiaries, joint ventures, partnerships and affiliates, (or “MV”), has provided safe, reliable, affordable transportation services to cities, counties, municipalities, and other jurisdictional entities, as well as private corporations, non-profit agencies, and community organizations for more than 35 years. MV Transportation, (operator of CCRTA’s services) is always seeking CDL with Passenger endorsement Driver Professionals who are interested in PARATRANSIT and FIXED Route operations as well as those interested in launching a DRIVING CAREER with MV TRANSPORTATION. The Paratransit Vehicle Operator is responsible for safely operating a van-type vehicle. The primary objective of the Driver is providing safe, reliable, and efficient public transportation.
- Loading and unloading of passengers on vehicles.
- Transporting of passengers that are either senior citizens, transit disadvantage, or persons with disabilities.
- Four point securement of wheelchairs and scooters.
- Escorting passengers from vehicle to/from first portal of locations.
- Radio communication of transport details with dispatch.
Must be able to pass a Level 2 background check (FBI/fingerprinting), pre-employment drug screen and DOT Physical .
- Able to read a map and a strong knowledge of Barnstable County and surrounding areas helpful.
- Possess excellent communication and decision-making skills.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with people with disabilities.
- Computer experience a plus.
WALK-INS WELCOME - APPLY IN PERSON
40 American Way
South Dennis, MA
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required.
MV Transportation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.